• Guilford boxcars along I-95 in Waterville

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by REMY2

Hi, i just joined this forum, thanks to Mike Roque, and learnt a lot about trains and operations from reading these posts. I'm in the transport industry though not trains, and it's true when they say "you cant teach an old dog......"
I do have a question though, i go north on i95 in ME and just past Waterville are some boxcars sitting off to the right, they've been there awhile and have the big Gilford G on them.
A co-worker pointed them out and said they may be waiting to go to the repair/refurbishing yard, anyone know ?

Thanks, Charles
  by cpf354

REMY2 wrote:Hi, i just joined this forum, thanks to Mike Roque, and learnt a lot about trains and operations from reading these posts. I'm in the transport industry though not trains, and it's true when they say "you cant teach an old dog......"
I do have a question though, i go north on i95 in ME and just past Waterville are some boxcars sitting off to the right, they've been there awhile and have the big Gilford G on them.
A co-worker pointed them out and said they may be waiting to go to the repair/refurbishing yard, anyone know ?

Thanks, Charles
Guilford's primary car shop is at Waterville, so they could be waiting for a coat of Pan Am blue. :wink:

by REMY2

Thanks for info cpf354 :-D

Charles

by consist

That's a section of doubletrack in either Benton or Clinton where they store 'home shop' -designated cars for repairing later at Waterville. They sit there a long time but not forever, I've seen some turnover.

by REMY2

Thanks for info consist, I'll see if there still there on Sunday when i go by

Charles