• Green Line Shuttle disruption July 23-31

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by mb41

Now they are going to far with this... bums. That green line should be open by now. As a commuter to Cambridge Street, Cambridge this whole thing is getting annoying.

They now are going to bus the shuttle from Kendall to Lechmere then Science park...how will they turn the buses? Contruction is causing this whole thing to happen for next week.

I now need to check schedules and might as well get off at Kendall and take either CT2 or 85 for I work at Willow and Cambridge streets.

by StevieC48

Dougie, wake up the T is not at fault this time. The rerouting is because the city is doing construction, not the T. Give the ranting a rest it's getting a bit too old.....

by mb41

I know the city has contruction going om, still that service has been closed way to long. Come on Steve, when they turn around and screw the people of the E line and try to get out of Medford we have every right to gripe :) LOL.

by Diverging Route

This is for reconstruction of the Leverett Circle roadway. The roadway must be completely regraded, meaning that it can't be done in overnight segments -- they need a full ten day period for construction. There will be no southbound traffic permitted on Rt. 28 south of the Science Museum during this time. The reroute will be over the Gilmore Bridge and through Charlestown. During this period, the MBTA Lechmere Shuttle will run to Kendall/MIT on the Red Line.

And so while this is unrelated to the reconstruction of the viaduct, the question remains as to why that project is taking so much longer. The T's response is that they found many more structural problems with the viaduct than they thought; it begs the question why they didn't start sooner (i.e. as soon as the line was shut down last year), or why they didn't have this information prior to the beginning of the service disruption.

by Ron Newman

This is Big Dig construction. The entire highway will be closed between the Museum of Science and Leverett Circle.

The temporary shuttle route is the same one that was used last July during the DNC. I actually think it makes more sense than the standard shuttle route, and they should keep it until the Green Line is reopened.

by mb41

Well, it is an extra pain to use another transit service after I already make three transfers already (4 modes).

The shuttle from kendall is free, I don't believe in free rides either...so hopefully they will revert back to the other shuttle :)

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

in the muesum of science packet that i got yesteray, it said in recent news, that the new green line service will be operating by the end of July, and that the science park station will be opn by then

by mb41

I wish :-D Not going to happen... they keep on making new repair areas all over that viaduct and look at all the new ties still sitting at Lechmere station, oh man.... July my bleep, LOL.

by Ron Newman

Science Park station needs a major ADA upgrade. The T really should have done this during the current shutdown.

by mb41

Won't even go there on that comment :) LOL!!!!!!!!!