• Green Line Derailment - 4/25/06 @ Lechmere

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by marlowe

Just saw it on the 5:30pm news. Got a pic of it, here it is (hope you can see it). Can't see the car number from the shot.

by NealG

Good thing Channel 7 was there to fill us in on the top story. Why is this even news? Slow news day? [eye roll]

by l008com

marlowe wrote:Just saw it on the 5:30pm news. Got a pic of it, here it is (hope you can see it). Can't see the car number from the shot.

Link seems broken

by sabourinj

NealG wrote:Good thing Channel 7 was there to fill us in on the top story. Why is this even news? Slow news day? [eye roll]
No kidding. Doen't seem worth a chopper just to make some drama, but then again, if it was FOX they would have had a whole investigative unit there causing delays. Funny how when the Type 8 derailed at Norhteastern and landed half on the platform a couple years ago there was a lot of talk.

JS

by marlowe

l008com wrote:
marlowe wrote:Just saw it on the 5:30pm news. Got a pic of it, here it is (hope you can see it). Can't see the car number from the shot.

Link seems broken
Sorry don't really have a place to store the pic, if anyone does I can send it.

by davedeboston

marlowe wrote:Sorry don't really have a place to store the pic, if anyone does I can send it.
ImageShack ?
http://www.imageshack.us/

by l008com

Look like a split switch to me. But also, did it collide with the train in front of it too?

by Robert Paniagua

At least they weren't Type 8s

by GP40MC 1116

l008com wrote:Look like a split switch to me. But also, did it collide with the train in front of it too?

Hmm Looks to be a 2 car Type 7 Train to me..