• Grafton & Upton Railroad (G&U) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by matignon82

never in vain wrote:It is very pleasing to see that people have a good handle on things,for example the white and black car is something in the soda pop you drink and the other is under your bathroom sink.
He he, I had to think about that for a minute but it's a good point. You would want to avoid spilling both of those in the same place though, not that I think that was a serious possibility.

Some people just need to have something to get upset about.
  by matignon82

Cool pics Tom, thanks for sharing!

Looks like the repairs at Grafton Inn are well under way this week. They have removed rail and ties and appear to be re-grading.
  by never in vain

Looks like they got the 1751 painted and started doing the lettering and numbering,looks mint going to be a cool unit to take pictures of.
  by CVRA7

Any recent news from the G&U - such as the track rebuilding program and locomotive repainting?
  by matignon82

The tracks in Grafton center are all replaced. They re graded the bed, relayed the track and put in new ballast.
  by G&U Future

Yes the tracks behind the inn have been repaired. Now they are going to start work on the stretch behind the PO Pub in between East St and Ray St in N.Grafton.
  by Zeitgeist

Does anyone happen to know what the construction is on the North Grafton area of line, just south of the Worcester commuter rail? Recently, about 5 acres of residentially-zoned forest has torn-up with no explanation.

Thanks!
  by G&U Future

Zeitgeist wrote:Does anyone happen to know what the construction is on the North Grafton area of line, just south of the Worcester commuter rail? Recently, about 5 acres of residentially-zoned forest has torn-up with no explanation.

Thanks!

This land is just being cleared out right now for possible expansion. Origianlly there were 3 stretches of track now there are two additional one where the tank cars are sitting and antother where the private car is. They are also looking at putting a fourth track in on the east side of the yard along the water that will stretch the length of the yard. This is all word of mouth though. Have not heard of any definite plans.
  by never in vain

I talked to the crew in north grafton today and they ran 1751 to upton yesterday with some freight.They said there was a few people around that where doing photos but nothing has been posted yet.
  by g-u-rr

I have seen what looks like offical G&U hats,shirts,window decals around and I know the railroad staff sells them when they display the engine at an event, but is there another way to obtain these items, like on a web-site or via mail?
Thanks in advance
  by EastMassParanormal

Has work ceased for the winter or has there been any line improvements south of West Upton? Is the line in good enough shape to run further south than West Upton?