• GPS Video - Boston Trolleys from PCC's to Light Rail

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by RailBus63

Does anyone have the video from the late Ray Nielson's GPS Video titled 'Boston Trolleys Part 3 - From PCC's to Light Rail'? If so, is it any good?

I'm particularly interested in finding out if it has sound - I purchased another Green Line video a few years back and was disappointed to find that it had no sound and only background music even though the footage was from the 1970's and 1980's.

Jim

by Tertullian

Yes, it's available, and I bought it a year ago. The footage is good, and yes, there is narration and some background music (if I remember correctly- haven't watched it in months). The narration can get a little too talkative and tiresome.

by RailBus63

Does it have the actual sound of the cars?

by Tertullian

savebowdoin wrote:Portions of the video feature authentic sound, portions feature either narrative or music that covers up all other sounds. It is a great video in terms of footage, but i would be nice to have an "uncensored" version with just the raw transit noises.
The narrative is frustrating; I would like it released again, leaving out the talking and simply having footage of trains, maybe with a descriptive marquee before the footage rolls. Some of the footage is quiet.