• Gov't Center Closed

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by sabourinj

Does anybody know what the "operational difficulties" are that have Gov't Center closed right now?

JS

by typesix

Heard on the news about a fire, possibly on a Green line car. Green line dispatch reported over radio that normal service was resuming at about 12:35 pm.

by octr202

by Ron Newman

from Boston.com:

T stop briefly closed after fire

April 19, 2006

BOSTON --The Government Center MBTA station was closed for a brief time due to a small fire this morning.

T spokesman Joe Pesaturo says there were no injuries. He says the fire started below a Green Line trolley car that was empty and being positioned to go back into service.

The fire may have been caused by an electrical problem.

The station reopened before noon after being closed for about 40 minutes.

by Robert Paniagua

Anyone get the number of the Trolley involved? And was it a serious fire?

by jwhite07

Don't know what car was involved, but it happened about the time I got on the Green Line at North Station to go downtown to run a quick errand. I didn't get the errand done (no big deal), but I did get to walk through the tunnel a couple hundred feet from my stranded train to Haymarket Station when the Fire Department ordered the traction power shut down!

Not that it was a particularly pleasant experience - the tunnel was very poorly lit and the benchwalls we were walking along were littered with debris and tripping hazards. I shoulda faked a sprained ankle... :wink: