Railroad Forums 

• Gatwick Airport Station

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#1632910  by Jeff Smith

Revamped: BBC
Gatwick Airport: Revamped station to open later this month

A multi-million pound redevelopment of Gatwick Airport railway station will open to customers on 21 November.

The £249m upgrade includes a new concourse, airport entrance and remodelled track that Network Rail said would ease congestion and improve train journey times.

Transport Secretary Mark Harper says Gatwick Airport station would become an "impressive gateway to the UK".
 #1633061  by David Benton

when i was working in london , and living in south london , it was always cool to see the Gatwick expresses race through the suburban stations , whilst waiting for a crowded commuter train. while they were Mk2 carriages and old class 73(?) locos , the paint job and thoughts of air travel made them seem quite flash.
 #1633114  by NaugyRR

Class 73 would be correct, and I personally love that variation of the Intercity Swallow livery.
Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

I always found the 73s to be fascinating... to me they were the UK's version of the FL9.