Railroad Forums 

• Foxboro Commuter Rail Extension

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1595481  by Trinnau

Nothing on the pilot service, but I would venture that if not this spring possibly the fall if people continue to return to commuting. In terms of the platform the idea I've heard floated is to build a platform inbound of the existing one at Walpole that serves both routes, but not sure if there is any real forward progress on it other than an idea. The current Walpole platform can't be made ADA compliant due to the historic station building.
 #1597644  by mbrproductions

The new spring/summer Commuter Rail schedule which will take effect on May 23rd is due to bring back regular service to Foxboro, as well as having the Franklin Line renamed to the Franklin/Foxboro Line.
https://www.keoliscs.com/news/mbta-comm ... ct-may-23/
Last edited by mbrproductions on Sat May 14, 2022 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1597647  by chrisf

mbrproductions wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:06 am The new spring/summer Commuter Rail schedule which will take effect on May 23rd is due to bring back regular service to Foxboro…
I wouldn’t quite call it “regular service.” There are only 4 inbound and 4 outbound weekday trains, all off-peak, with no weekend service.
 #1605395  by west point

Big problem is that Foxboro trains will not stop at Walpole since the track to Foxboro passes on SE side of station with no platform. That is going to eliminate some trains that now originate at Walpole now used by some.passengers will not be able to be used. Those Walpole originations appear to be now scheduled to leave Foxboro with no stop at Walpole.
 #1605415  by charding

The only solution for the Foxboro trains to stop in Walpole is to move the passenger loading site roughly where the old NH freight house was near Gilmores.