• Former Guilford Corporate Counsel pleads guilty

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by JackWWalsh

September 18, 2007 6:17 PM

CONCORD — The former legal counsel for Pease-based Boston and Maine Airways, the successor to Pan Am, has been sentenced to six months in jail after pleading guilty to making false statements to the U.S. Department of Transportation.

U.S. Attorney Tom Colantuono announced Tuesday that John Nadolny, 48, of Rye, “knowingly submitted a balance sheet and a bank statement to DOT that falsely exaggerated Boston and Maine Airway’s financial condition.”
Links

Nadolny pleaded guilty to inflating Boston and Maine’s financial footing in an effort to win approval to purchase seven Boeing 727 airplanes in April 2003. Nadolny’s actions, “could have influenced DOT’s decision to grant the applications,” the U.S. Attorney said.

Boston and Maine Airways corrected Nadolny’s false reports after bringing them to the attention of federal authorities, Colantuono said.

“The sentence that was imposed in this case demonstrates that severe penalties will be imposed whenever anyone knowingly provides material false information to a government agency,” Colantuono said.

HOME

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs ... S/70918025

by emd_16645

Sounds about right....

by SnoozerZ49

I heard that when Guilford/PanAm started using Pease they put a ten mph speed restriction on the runway!!!

by SPACEMONKEY

Makes you wonder what else this scum did or would lie about. Someone sworn to the truth with no moral boundries holding corporate power can and (probably did) directly or indirectly mess with many employees lives. Especially those injured and in unions. I know of some cases that were so shocking in this day and age, first hand observations of crazy stuff.

"what comes around goes around".....with a big smile

by cpf354

Pan Am is now suing the law firm that represented Nadolny, for legal malpractice. Interseting article detailing what happened.
http://www.law.com/jsp/ihc/PubArticleIH ... 0365387643
  by Chuckles

I still find it hard to believe he was acting alone.
This is a company who's upper management has always taken a micro-management approach to every detail.
  by emd_16645

Chuckles wrote:I still find it hard to believe he was acting alone.
This is a company who's upper management has always taken a micro-management approach to every detail.
Yes, but they need a fall-guy to distract the public about what really happens.