• FGLK Operating Schedule

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by nessman

The thread that Otto refers to doesn't have much in the way of useful information... doesn't help that "FGLK" deleted all his messages leaving :(
in their places either.

This information is dated, but gives you an idea of their schedules:

GY1 - M-F Local work,may travel to ONCT and Waterloo as needed. ONCT as needed on Tuesdays. Usually will work to Lyons 4-5 days/week.

GY2 - If needed to help out on heavy days. Often to do Guardian and Waterloo, Kendaia if needed.

GC2 - 10:00 am Thursday to Canandaigua, works Phelps, ONCT as needed.

GW2 - Mondays and Saturdays to Watkins Glen. Genereally ties up in Himrod on Saturdays to be there for Mondays switch. May run to Penn Yan if needed, then brings everything in on Tuesday. Subject to change though. Wednesday GW2 runs to move emptys from GY to Himrod, then to Penn Yan as needed, returning same day.

GA2 - Runs about 3 days a week to Auburn and back to transfer cars. Occasionally the Solvay to Auburn Turn runs through to GY if they have a light day.

Solvay to Auburn Turns - Run at least 5 days a week. Sat & Sun. they usually stay in Solvay to switch the paper mill and run over to the yard.

Coal trains to Solvay are not scheduled as such, but run when they get them, usually on consecutive days with 40 and 45 cars. They bring back cars from the east also as they are available and time permits.

by bwparker1

I guess I was wondering if anyone viewing this has called there office for update of where they are running on a certain day, or do they frown upon that since 9-11 and give you the cold shoulder.

Brooks

by nessman

Give them a call and ask. Worst thing that'll happen is they'll turn down your request. Last I heard they were a friendly operation.

by Otto Vondrak

Since we already had a thread called ROCHESTER SHORTLINE SCEDULES, I was trying to consolidate the info there...

If you explain to the railroad you are visiting from out of town, and you are looking to take pictures, the most they can do is not share info with you. They may invite you to Geneva to sign a release, however.

-otto-
Last edited by Otto Vondrak on Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

by SRS125

Railroad keeps locomotives scattered about the system.

Two Locomotives are keeped working in Solvay. One works 24 hours a day 7 days a week at Solavy Paper Board. A 2ed locomotive makes and brakes trains and runs to Auburn in the morning. They will stop just west of North and York Street in Auburn.

A 3ed Locomotive works in Auburn 5 days a week they switch cars out from Nucor, Owins, and the old Agway crew starts simetime around 8 a.m.?? and depart Auburn bound for Geneva around 12:00p.m. Later returing to Auburn between 3 and 5 p.m. on occation they will run to Solvay.

A 4th Locomotive spends time in Geneva makeing and brakeing up trains in the Yard 5 days a week.

Trains run to Lyons, Canadagua, Penn Yan, and Watkins Glen on Tuesdays and Thersdays.

There is an occational train that runs to the Senica Army Deport when they need to get cars this is an any time any day train.

Extra trains such as runs from Geneva to Auburn and back have been done along with the occational stone train. As many as 2-4 trains run in eather direction in any one day on occation its rare thow.
Last edited by SRS125 on Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

by roadster

Just a little teaser for your visit. On Monday 8/23 I was in Geneva and saw the 1703 and 1701 heading east into Geneva from the Canadagiua Branch. What I found interesting was that the 1703 painted in standard FLGK lightning stripes was letter for Mass. Central, not FLGK. Have a nice trip and goodluck. They also generally run to Lyons NY about 2-3pm, but viewing opprtunities are poor up there.

by charlie6017

About a month ago, I went to Geneva and walked into their office to ask about where I could film. Nicest people I could encounter......the conductor for that days "Himrod to Penn Yan and then to Watkins Glen" turn was very nice and very helpful. I did some filming, stayed outta their way and got some good film. I just explained who I was, what I wished to do and it was easy as pie.

by bwparker1

Thanks Charlie
  by bwparker1

I was able to catch a train from Geneva to Himrod -> Penn Yan. Nicest folks you could encounter, although they did remind me that train information was to be protected in post 9/11 times. The engineer and conductor were quite friendly, we even had a nice chat on the outskirts of the old Himrod yard. Classy operation and business savvy too, they are operating a stone transload center in Dundee.

Brooks
  by CPSD40-2

FGLK has always been a class act - They really try to go the extra mile for serving their customers, hence their incredible growth since inception. Same goes for Ontario Central / LA&L.

Just to add my 2 cents for schedules, NS comes into Geneva 4 - 5 nights a week from Corning. As of late, their schedule seems to have changed though, they used to come in about 10 - 11 PM, now I hear them between 7 and 8.

by sd80mac

Do FGLK still run to canandaigua on tues and thrs???

I used to see them around 3 30 pm when i get home from work for most of last couple years.

However over the summer, I haven't seen them at all. In fact, I couldn't recall when was the last time I saw them.

did they changed the time schedule? or they simply moving faster now?

ken

by SRS125

Things have been quite on the Auburn end as well have heard Finger Lakes runing vary late in the day between 4 & 10p.m.