• Favorite GE engine?

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

by Joe

On the ever-enlarging side of the flared radiotors? :D

by XBNSFer

On the ever-enlarging side of the flared radiotors? :D
LOL maybe the N guage lettering will fit if they'll just make 'em a little bigger...
  by AMTK84

Does anybody know what the BNSF and UP GEVO units have for horns?
  by Allen Hazen

MP36 416--
I don't know, but can you tell by looking? There ar a bunch of photos of BNSF GEVO at
http://evans.railfan.net/GEVO.htm
including a close-up of the roof of the engine compartment with the horns in full view.

GE

by Howiew

Now don't forget about the New Haven's EP5.

by dave76

My favorite would be the Southern Pacific U33Cs and Erie Lackawannas U34CH, later belonging to NJ Transit, what a sound those things made, I could hear them over 2 miles away, and standing next to the ROW when they eased a pax out of a station they would shake the ground. I miss the dinosaurs.

by trainiac

Does anybody know what the BNSF and UP GEVO units have for horns?
They're either a Nathan K5H or K5HA. Which of the two I can't say--I read somewhere that the BNSF units came with K5LA/K5HA hybrids, the same as the horns delivered on a few Amtrak P42s.

by SEPTALRV9072

Mine would have to be the GG1. A locomotive that was just way ahead of its time. In a close would be those NS Standard cab Dash 9s. just an odd unit being one of a kind and all. And then for good measure throw in the CSX CW60ACs.

by mxdata

My favorite GE engines are the gas turbines they built for propulsion on USN destroyers.

by AmtrakFan

If I had to choose it would be the P42's but I hate GE's.

John

by ANDY117

D940C. If only i could find the cab in HO!

by AmtrakPhill629

I like Amtrak's AMD 103

by ANDY117

Where from? I have the details ready, just need a cab. Waiting for the New Athearn RTR Dash 9's due out later this month!

by F40CFan

The U30CG.