• Faceless Comet I cab

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by njt4172

Today in Denville this morning I saw what looked like a powerwashed Comet 1 Cab. The number was 5128 and the front looked so shiny like it was just delivered. It also lacked the NJT logo and all....Anyone know why the "N" logo was scratched off???

I guess thinking that this Cab Car will be used on a farewell to the Comet I trip is wishful thinking?!?!

Thanks,
Steve

by Jtgshu

Considering the C1 cabs are going to be around a while longer, they are getting head of themselves then!

by njt4172

Jtgshu wrote:Considering the C1 cabs are going to be around a while longer, they are getting head of themselves then!
Head of themselves!! Ahahaha I think I get your humor!! HAHAHA :P

Steve :P

by nick11a

Oh the pun, the pun!!!

I'll have to keep an eye out for it! Sounds pretty cool. (I wouldn't mind seeing the Comet Is teamed up with the ALPs and used on the corridor- if it wasn't for those damn seats!)

by Jtgshu

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKK

Whatever you wanna think Steve, whatever makes you happy - I think I just forgot to type the "a" in "ahead" but sure, whatever!!!! BTW, I don't even get my humor most of the time!!! :D :wink:

by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKK

Whatever you wanna think Steve, whatever makes you happy - I think I just forgot to type the "a" in "ahead" but sure, whatever!!!! BTW, I don't even get my humor most of the time!!! :D :wink:
I was going to expand on that joke, but my catholic upbringing tells me that I really shouldn't. But, if you stick your head in the gutter, you could probably figure it out. :D

by njt4172

LOL, ok guys I'm not gay!!! GOSH! I wasn't even THINKING THAT!!! I thought you meant like "head of the cab car"...you know the front ...Windows can be the 2 eyes...Think Thomas tank engine.....

Damn......

by nick11a

njt4172 wrote:LOL, ok guys I'm not gay!!!
Never implied that you were! Thomas the Tank Engine, huh. Were you a Thomas fan too? (I know I was as a kid.) Anyway, if the Comet I cab is indeed a face, it is a seriously disfigured one as the nose would be above the eyes!!

LOL. OK, we better stop this before we get into trouble. If you'll excuse me, I got to go to confession..... :D

And of course it's all Jt's fault. He started it! :wink:

by njt4172

nick11a wrote:
njt4172 wrote:LOL, ok guys I'm not gay!!!
Never implied that you were! Thomas the Tank Engine, huh. Were you a Thomas fan too? (I know I was as a kid.) Anyway, if the Comet I cab is indeed a face, it is a seriously disfigured one as the nose would be above the eyes!!

LOL. OK, we better stop this before we get into trouble. If you'll excuse me, I got to go to confession..... :D

And of course it's all Jt's fault. He started it! :wink:
Nick,

LOLOL!! Well, unfortunatley when I was 6-8 years old Thomas the Tank Engine was not in existence yet....Remember, I am a very old man! When Thomas first came on the scene I was 11 years old.....But yeah, I thought he was cool :-) Enough of this sorry!

Steve

by Mark Schweber

LOL, ok guys I'm not gay!!!
not that there is anything wrong with it.

by F23A4

nick11a wrote:Oh the pun, the pun!!!

I'll have to keep an eye out for it! Sounds pretty cool. (I wouldn't mind seeing the Comet Is teamed up with the ALPs and used on the corridor- if it wasn't for those damn seats!)
Comet 1s on NEC?? Would its only stops be Hoboken and Jersey Avenue? If so, bring it on. That's what I'm paying $162/mo for. :D
Last edited by F23A4 on Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

by nick11a

Mark Schweber wrote:
LOL, ok guys I'm not gay!!!
not that there is anything wrong with it.
Oh absolutely. This passed year, my roomate in college turned out to be gay. At first, it was strange for me- but then I within a week or so I had no problems with it at all.

Old man Steve huh? :D
F23A4 wrote:
nick11a wrote:Oh the pun, the pun!!!

Comet 1s on NEC?? Would its only stops be Hoboken and Jersey Avenue?
Well, no. If they were to use it, it would be for all stops. The high C1s would be ideal b/c the NEC is all high stops (with the exception of Jersey Ave.) But this is only wishful thinking of me and will probably never happen.
Last edited by nick11a on Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

by njt4172

Nick,

Yes, I'm 26 and I am going gray already! NO JOKE!!

by nick11a

njt4172 wrote:Nick,

Yes, I'm 26 and I am going gray already! NO JOKE!!
That's only 6 years away for me. Well, I don't really care about gray as much as going bald!
  by AKelley728

njt4172 wrote:Today in Denville this morning I saw what looked like a powerwashed Comet 1 Cab. The number was 5128 and the front looked so shiny like it was just delivered. It also lacked the NJT logo and all....Anyone know why the "N" logo was scratched off???

I guess thinking that this Cab Car will be used on a farewell to the Comet I trip is wishful thinking?!?!

Thanks,
Steve
Ok, back to the topic. Was this car in service? Is it possible that this is one of the cars heading to the M&E?