Railroad Forums 

• EWR Ticket Question

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#31773  by NY&LB

I will be arriving at Newark Airport Friday afternoon and, to avoid the turnpike/parkway shore traffic, plan to take the train to Little Silver, since you can't really plan based upon the scheduled airline arrival times, I don't know exactly when I'll be able to get to the Rail Station. There are some big gaps in the schedule WESTBOUND on the NJCL but lots of trains heading East to Newark Penn. My question is this:

Can I buy a ticket from Newark Airport to Little Sliver and travel in the reverse direction to Newark Penn to make a connection with a coast line train that does not stop at the airport?

A call to NJT said they THINK I need TWO seperate tickets and even went so far as to say there were some travel options by connecting at South Amboy but they would also require TWO seperate tickets.

So anyone out there know the REAL rules?

#31780  by ajt

Reversing to Newark will require a two ticket journey.

Connecting at South Amboy, or Rahway, or wherever, as long as it is part of a continuous Airport-Little Silver journey, is a single ticket.

Suggest you advise the traincrew that you are heading from the Airport to Little Silver connecting at (fill the blank) if you have to make a connection, so they don't inadvertently lift your ticket, leaving you no ticket to present to the connection traincrew.

#31815  by Irish Chieftain

Just made the orignal EWR Station question thread into a sticky topic. When you get duplicate threads, that means that more questions are on the way, so may as well anticipate them...