Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by andrew89

Hello I have a few questions about mta how long does the background check take?do they backround check everyone that was on the interview ? I have and bavkround check peple emailing me questions thanks
  by Commuter X

If you can't spell and have difficulty writing compete sentences, perhaps you should seek employment elsewhere
  by emfinite

No Commuter X, he's applying for the right organization!
  by LB

A background check usually takes about 4-8 weeks. If a drug test is required, expect about 2 weeks to get the appointment and two weeks+ to get the results.
  by andrew89

sorry I was typing on my cell phone. I was wondering what the hiring process because I went on the interview a month ago then I was getting emails about the background check but never hears back from lirr. so I was wondering if they background checked everyone that went on the interview or just people they plan on hiring? thanks guys

LB wrote:A background check usually takes about 4-8 weeks. If a drug test is required, expect about 2 weeks to get the appointment and two weeks+ to get the results.
  by puckhead

what position did you interview for?
  by Commuter X

Proofreader ?
  by andrew89

puckhead wrote:what position did you interview for?

Electric track helper
  by NYCrails

Dealing HR the best way is go about your business and hope you hear something. I know it sounds hard to do. But hey at leastyour not an internal, so you probably have a better chance of getting called as internals are treated with disregard these days at the RR.
  by Tadman

Mod note: Commuter X has made his point about proofreading and does not need to do so again.
  by LongIslandTool

Has anyone applied for a non-safety-sensitive job that did not require a background check? Has anyone had negative background background information disregarded by the railroad because they were a "member of the at risk population". Just wondering if any reader is one who has been excused and how that was handled.