Railroad Forums 

• Eastern Maine Railway will file with STB to acquire CMQ Grindstone to Brownville ME

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#1606121  by johnpbarlow

Here's the filing in its entirety:
NOTICE TO EMPLOYEES
OF THE CENTRAL MAINE & QUEBEC RAILWAY US INC.,
d/b/a CANADIAN PACIFIC
Pursuant to Surface Transportation Board regulations at 49 C.F.R. § 1150.42(e), the Eastern Maine Railway Company (“EMR”) hereby provides notice that EMR intends to file a Notice of Exemption to acquire a rail line from the Central Maine & Quebec Railway US Inc., d/b/a Canadian Pacific (“CMQR”). The rail line (the “Line”) to be acquired extends from the rail line owned by the State of Maine near Grindstone, ME (Penobscot County, Milepost 109) to connection to the CMQR rail line near Brownville, ME (Piscataquis County, Mile 72.43). The Line includes the East Millinocket branch line (Milepost 0.0 to Milepost 7.72), the Millinocket branch line (Milepost 104.65 southward 1.2 miles to end of track), and all other associated yard, spur, siding, and other track along the main line between Milepost 109 and Mile 72.43. The Line is currently owned and operated by CMQR. EMR will also acquire incidental trackage rights on CMQR between Mile 72.43 (near Brownville) and the connection of CMQR’s track with an EMR rail line in the vicinity of Brownville Junction (Milepost 75.07 of CMQR’s Bangor Subdivision), a distance of approximately three miles, including CMQR’s Brownville Junction yard, as well as use of the CMQR main line to the west for one mile (to Milepost 1.0 of CMQR’s Moosehead Subdivision).

EMR plans to consummate the acquisition on or after November 8, 2022. EMR does not anticipate that any new EMR jobs will be available as a result of this acquisition.
https://dcms-external.s3.amazonaws.com/ ... 305234.pdf