• Early 1980s NJT material

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by northjerseybuff

I am looking for a website that contains images of west trenton line service(njt), cape may, ocean city service(njt) and p-burg service(njt)..any photos, maps and links to schedules would be great. I emailed crusier off list. I know they exist NJT may have originals, but I don't need them quite yet...the originals that is
Any help would be much appreciated
  by 25Hz

Sorry, my post cards et al are only from decades ago, or i'd email the images of them to you.
  by TDowling

I'd like to see photos of RDC service on the old Erie Main in Orange Co., NY before it was discontinued in 1983. (Technically, that was Metro-North but oh well, close enough)
  by ApproachMedium

If you have the time to look at it, I may just have some schedules and material in a bag in my garage. A friend gave to to me to bring to railroad shows to try and sell/spread out etc. We have many copys of many different schedules and timetables. You are welcome to dig thru it if you want!
  by keyboardkat

As a kid, like around 1959, on an Atlantic City trip with my family, I remember taking the "jitney" to the old Atlantic City terminal to watch trains.
This must have been before the RDC era. The PRSL operated its AC trains with air-conditioned P70 coaches and steam-equpped Baldwin DRS-16 dual-control hood units.
One train came in with a Baldwin diesel and two cars. Not a soul got off. Then another Baldwin diesel backed onto the train, waited a while, and departed with the train, followed out of the station by the engine that had brought the train in. Not a single passenger had boarded. Sad. But this was before the Atlantic City renaissance. Those big old Victorian hotels, like the Traymore, were still standing and still open.