• Dummy engine with metal wheels

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by AC4400

It seems that most dummy HO locomotives have plastic wheels. I'd like to replace the plastic wheel with metal ones. Does anyone know if there are metal wheel parts for dummy engines? Thanks.
  by conrail71

If it's a newer blu box Athearn dummy you should be able to swap out the dummy wheelsets for metal wheelsets without too much trouble. Also Model Power and older IHC stuff can be swapped with their respective metal wheelsets.
Mike
  by trainguy2024

I use North West Shore Lines. You can purchase them through Walthers. Great item! I have had a lot of luck with these. Takes minutes to install.