• Diesel Locomotives of the New Haven

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by kevikens

Today I picked up at a flea market a book on the New Haven entitled Diesel Locomotives of the New Haven railroad written and autographed by a H.F. Cavanaugh published in 1980. Seems like a well written book with excellent photographs. I usually don't buy material on the NH. Is this book an unusual find or is it quite common ? Thanks
  by Noel Weaver

kevikens wrote:Today I picked up at a flea market a book on the New Haven entitled Diesel Locomotives of the New Haven railroad written and autographed by a H.F. Cavanaugh published in 1980. Seems like a well written book with excellent photographs. I usually don't buy material on the NH. Is this book an unusual find or is it quite common ? Thanks
In my opinion the above book is a very good book and I believe
it is out of print. the author is very knowledgable concerning the former
New Haven Railroad and railroads in general as well.
Noel Weaver

by Otto Vondrak

Someone's got a copy on eBay for $100... I didn't know Cavanaugh did a New Haven book, I have his excellent "New York Central: Gone But Not Forgotten." If it's anything like that, I'm going to keep my eyes open for a reasonably-priced copy.

-otto-

by kevikens

Otto: my copy is in close to mint condition with the dust cover and signed by the author. Since I have little interest in the New Haven you can have it for $50. send me an address if you want it.