Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by checkthedoorlight

Just noticed that the Trenton station now lists SEPTA departures.....and the NYP page now lists Boston and Albany Amtrak departures, and strangely enough lists ARRIVALS.
  by amtrakhogger

Metropark's "Departure Vision" at one point show both Amtrak and NJ Transit departures. But strangely enough now it only shows NJT departures.
  by checkthedoorlight

Man, they work fast. They "fixed" the NYP page - arrivals and Amtrak departures that aren't for NJ are no longer showing up. For a while, they didn't list Amtrak anywhere, but now it's showing up for most stations, just not Metropark.

It's really strange how all of the SEPTA trains are listing North Phil as their destination. I wonder if that's because once they hit KAY (North Phil is the last station before that interlocking), they fall off Amtrak's radar? Similar to how the Silver Star is listed as Richmond as the destination, and the Cardinal gets listed as Manassas.
  by checkthedoorlight

Hah, 5733 is still listed as a departure from Hoboken. And on track 14, no less......
  by zakharin

I assume 7163N from New York Penn to Newark Penn is not really a revenue train?
  by checkthedoorlight

Well you just made an ass of yourself. It's an ACES train,and yes, it carries passengers.
  by Roadgeek Adam

checkthedoorlight wrote:Well you just made an ass of yourself. It's an ACES train,and yes, it carries passengers.
Give the man a break, he still seems unusually inactive. In any event, I see the Great Notch trains have finally been fixed. Its amazing how annoying it can get to fix your system workings when closing a station.
  by sixty-six

checkthedoorlight wrote:Well you just made an ass of yourself. It's an ACES train,and yes, it carries passengers.
How's the view from your pedestal?
  by Terrapin Station

LOL, you people just don't get it. Doorlight was referencing a famous saying: “When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.”
  by sixty-six

Terrapin Station wrote:LOL, you people just don't get it. Doorlight was referencing a famous saying: “When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.”
Traditionally, when people reference that saying, they don't sound like pricks in the process. Just sayin'.
  by Amtrak7

Princeton never got up and running.
  by checkthedoorlight

Princeton is manual block territory, so it's pretty hard for a computerized system to track those trains.
  by Steampowered

checkthedoorlight wrote:Princeton is manual block territory, so it's pretty hard for a computerized system to track those trains.

It would still be nice to see a schedule though, even if it not truely up to date. Could they just use GPS ?
  by metrony

What is wrong with Harriman, NY? It has been broken for about a month now.

"There are no active trains for this station."