• Delivery and revenue service status of Silverliner V cars

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Silverliner II

eafp668 wrote:The Silverliner V Schedule was posted awhile ago (http://www.septa.org/service/rail/silverliner.html), but I have a question.
It seems to me like there are actually less SV's running than in some past weeks, especially on the Trenton line. Does anyone have any ideas as to why that is? On would think that there would be MORE Silverliner V's in service each week considering that SEPTA is continually receiving them.
The early Silverliner V's are starting to cycle through for modifications that were made on later cars as well.
trainspot wrote:West Trenton yard yesterday looked to have all SL IV cars.
And I saw 720 testing either Thurs of Fri. out of West Trenton running solo..
Status of West Trenton yard as of 8:10pm Sunday night: one 6-car Bomber set and all the rest was Silverliner IV. Which means no V's for 3507 or 9508 Monday morning.
  by Matthew Mitchell

R5Dailyrider wrote:Why are they ignoring our line?
Well they have been on the Doylestown earlier...
  by Clearfield

R5Dailyrider wrote:Why are they ignoring our line?
The cars were designed to stop only at Link Belt and New Britain, but only on weekends. No place to go!
  by Silverliner II

askclifford wrote:What do these "modifications" include?
The one big modification that I know of is the upgrading of the HVAC systems on all the cars based on the results of the changes made to car 702 after climate testing in Ontario. I am sure there are other little things going on with regards to hardware and software tweaks that we may not know about.
  by nomis

722, 841, and 842 were picked up today at Woodbourne by septa ...
  by jacorbett70

scotty269 wrote:837/8 were sitting together on one of the leads for Wayne Electric this afternoon. Looked like they were doing some test runs at some point.
Here they are at 7:56 AM this morning. (Edit to add: Suburban Station)

by Silverliner II

Is it me or does the horn and its mounting on 837 look like it is leaning downward a bit?
  by BuddCar711

nomis wrote:722, 841, and 842 were picked up today at Woodbourne by septa ...
722? So that was 721 that was the surprise delivery earlier this month.
  by BuddCar711

Has there been a delivery in which the cars were reverse-oriented (meaning single unit with pantograph towards Reading or even numbered of the pair towards Reading) upon delivery?
  by Silverliner II

BuddCar711 wrote:Has there been a delivery in which the cars were reverse-oriented (meaning single unit with pantograph towards Reading or even numbered of the pair towards Reading) upon delivery?
Quite a few of the cars have arrived at Woodbourne with the pantograph end of the single towards Reading territory and the married pair "properly" oriented with the odd car towards Reading territory. Haven't seen any married pairs reversed yet...

...though last week I swear I saw a full six-car set heading from Temple to Roberts Yard completely reversed, but I won't commit to that unless I see it again in better light....
  by BuddCar711

Don't mean to go off topic, but since the SL V contract is 1/2 complete, when are Denver's carbody shells suppose to arrive (since it's supposed to be the 2nd order for the South Philly plant)?