• delays on the Attleboro line - 2/15

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

The MBTA transit update page wrote:The Attleboro/Stoughton Line is experiencing delays due to earlier blocked tracks:

# Outbound Providence train #817 (5:00 PM) is running 40 minutes late.
# Inbound Providence train #820 (5:10 PM) is running 30 minutes late.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
could the blocked tracks have been the rail grinder that traveled up the Framingham Secondary this afternoon?

people said it was heading to Amtrak and when i read the Framingham Sec. i figured it was going to Amtrak

by Robert Paniagua

maybe, who knows. I'd like to know too. I now sometimes take the Attleboro/Stoughton line to Rte 128/Westwood, so I'll have to keep watching.

by CSX Conductor

Usually when the LORAM rail grinder is in town it works during the overnight, just like the normal inspection and MofW crews. Where did you see it? Mansfield heading onto the Secondary? Just curios as I didn't hear of any rail grinder on Amtrak, MBCR or CSXT property in the area.....but that doesn't mean anything for I am just a humble train service employee, LOL. :wink:

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

i read it on a CSX Sightings group on Yahoo:

Loram grinder eastbound through Ashland, 1:10 pm 2/15
Loram grinder granted acess to Framingham Secondary 3:30 pm 2/15

and that is all that i have heard.

but someone earlier in the week said that it may be goin to Amtrak tracks, so when i saw the Framingham Secondary message, and the blocked tracks on the Attleboro line, i figured the LORAM grinder was on the line

by CSX Conductor

Yes, I also read over there after posting here. B732 worked between Foxboro & Walpole last night without delay. Perhaps the machinery tied-up in Walpole on Lewis Wye.