• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by CR7876

Hot off the Press.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by JohnFromJersey

For the 286K cars mentioned in that post... Does that mean Brick Recycling on 33/34 will get cars again? IIRC, they are at that site because they wanted to get rail service, but I believe service ended due to the restriction on 286K cars. The siding they have is still there and still connected to the Southern, and they have that stub track that Laird's uses of course.
jdh823 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:34 am Wonder what siding work they have planned to do?
Seems like some sort of siding will go between Southard and Adelphia Rds are some point.
  by CharlieL

Passed over the Fairfield Rd crossing this afternoon in the hard rain and saw what appears to be work taking place between Fairfield and Yellowbrook rds.
  by Blackseal Jim

1888 & 2005 went to Farmingdale this morning. They left the 2005 on the south leg of the wye and the 1888 returned to Freehold. Pictures and videos on Freehold Secondary page on Facebook
  by Bracdude181

I would assume 2005 is there to help out with the larger trains since 752 struggles greatly with trains over 15 cars long, and that’s in ideal conditions.
  by CharlieL

Let's see where the cars from Browns get left today. Makes sense to have 2 engines in Farmingdale before completion of the wye to avoid long shoves. I'm guessing they will start Jamesburg - Lakewood this week or next.
  by JohnFromJersey

Does anyone know if the tile place next to Collingwood would ever utilize rail service? Someone in the Freehold secondary railfans is claiming that they will use it sometime soon, but there's no way to independently confirm that
CharlieL wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:54 am Let's see where the cars from Browns get left today. Makes sense to have 2 engines in Farmingdale before completion of the wye to avoid long shoves. I'm guessing they will start Jamesburg - Lakewood this week or next.
The transfer from Browns didn't run today, likely no RB-1 tomorrow.

In either case, SA-31 is going to have to run to Red Bank anyway to pickup the empties. I won't be shocked if come Friday, RB-1 departs from Red Bank for the last time... Would that mean it becomes JB-2?
  by pdtrains

I wouldnt say anything is "the last time". Maybe the last regularly scheduled time. Keeping access to the outside world thru Red Bank may prove to be helpful some day.

Would also make sense if C&D got trackage rights Red Bank to South Amboy. They already operate over NJT trackage in NW NJ, so not much of a stretch.
  by Bracdude181

Looks like RB-1 won’t be running today.

They added a crossbuck to the pole in Lakewood that got knocked down. Speaking of said pole, it has the Conrail sticker from Whitesville road. So this pole is the one that got hit by the Volkswagen over there about a year ago. They brought it here and replaced the old pole that got knocked down a few weeks back…
  by AceMacSD

JohnFromJersey wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:50 pm Does anyone know if the tile place next to Collingwood would ever utilize rail service? Someone in the Freehold secondary railfans is claiming that they will use it sometime soon, but there's no way to independently confirm that
They're not supplied by a rail served distributor. Their material turnover rate doesn't necessitate a need for rail service either. Don't believe everything that you'd read on the internet specially when it comes to these unsubstantiated claims.

There's a business that's seriously interested in rail service in the Momoth county area. This isn't a "I heard from unnamed source" that some on these forums like to dribble off.

JohnFromJersey wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:50 pm The transfer from Browns didn't run today, likely no RB-1 tomorrow.

In either case, SA-31 is going to have to run to Red Bank anyway to pickup the empties. I won't be shocked if come Friday, RB-1 departs from Red Bank for the last time... Would that mean it becomes JB-2?
It won't be the last time.
  by Bracdude181

Seventh Street crossing damage
IMG_0451.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Bracdude181

More trackwork in Farmingdale. They are FINALLY rebuilding the stretch through downtown that was horrible and falling apart.