• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by jrzwalker86

PennRail42 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:25 am Not sure I know how to link photos with Facebook to here yet.
PennRail, Are you able to right click on the URL bar, left click the COPY in the drop down menu, go to POST A REPLY in this thread, right click where you type and then hit PASTE?
  by Bracdude181

Train was still in Farmingdale as of five minutes ago according to a friend of mine. They are cutting brush away and loading it onto the centerbeam car behind the engine to be hauled away it looks like
  by JohnFromJersey

I will try posting some videos I got today.

@Bracdude181 What king of brush was it??? And how much did they cut?
  by Bracdude181

Just the small stuff by the side of the tracks in downtown Farmingdale. The stuff they killed when they sprayed the weeds a couple weeks back
  by JohnFromJersey

RB-1 at Railroad Ave switching onto the new connection

RB-1 Crosses Southard Ave

RB-1 Crossing Adelphia Rd

RB-1 Crossing Yellowbrook Rd

Big day today. As RB-1 was heading back to Farmingdale, some track work equipment like a tamper started going down the line, I'd imagine touching some spots on the line. It doesn't seem long before we see freight running on this portion...
Last edited by JohnFromJersey on Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by CharlieL

From the look I got at the track at Fairfield Rd this morning at 10 AM I would not have believed they would run an engine down it. My bad, history in the making.
  by JohnFromJersey

CharlieL wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:36 pm From the look I got at the track at Fairfield Rd this morning at 10 AM I would not have believed they would run an engine down it. My bad, history in the making.
That section looked like it definitely needed more tamping/alignment work. The engine went by pretty slow on that section, I imagine the tamper I saw went to that spot to align it better.
  by GSC

Quite a few videos being posted on Facebook. Looks great, the first test run.
  by Bracdude181

The first run went off without a hitch by the looks of it. Still gotta fix the track out by Fairfield road but that’s no big deal.

Feels weird seeing a train on this line after so long, but also awesome at the same time!