• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by AWSmith

Bracdude181 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:36 pm We are almost certainly gonna see a wye built, but I can’t help but wonder what they plan to do with the 50-100 feet of the old PRR main next to Railroad Ave. (The part that crossed the Southern going towards Sea Girt)
I see by the RFP they are only doing 300 feet past the new switch .
  by Bracdude181

Forgot to mention. Yesterday, a Jewish Security Vehicle was at the County Line crossing and the guy was filming the train with his phone. Has C&D hired this firm to keep people off the trains?

Also, the Miller Road crossing quit working again.
  by HazzanDan

Are you thinking of Clayton sand from Woodmansie? And where is the connection to CPKC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  by CharlieL

HazzanDan wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:18 pm Are you thinking of Clayton sand from Woodmansie? And where is the connection to CPKC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a long, convoluted story.
  by Bracdude181

Let’s get back on topic.

Does anyone know if Southard Ave will be open by Friday? Itching to get some pictures of the switch work.

The big tie pile in Farmingdale hasn’t gotten any smaller yet. Hopefully they work the tracks in between Main Street and Marl Road. Starting to get pretty bad there…
  by CharlieL

They've got a thousand feet, more or less between Railroad Ave and Southard Ave. That's about 500 ties. Plus as noted 300 ft from the switch southbound. I suspect that's what the ties are for.
As for Southard Ave being opened, the sign originally said 6/26 - 6/28, so maybe will be open Friday.
  by Bracdude181

Wonder when Adelphia Road will have tracks put in. Zero progress there over the past several weeks…
  by CR2721

Bracdude181 wrote:Wonder when Adelphia Road will have tracks put in. Zero progress there over the past several weeks…
If I had to bet, since Adelphia Rd is a main road with heavier traffic of all the crossings down that way, they're probably taking their time with the others until the very last possible minute so they have more detour flexibility.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

by Bracdude181

You may have a point there. I recall that as being a problem that held up the crossing resurfacing at Squankum road for a while. A suitable detour was something they struggled with.

Closest detour would be Southard Ave, and that’s still closed.
  by CharlieL

At yellowbrook, they appear to be preparing to ballast, there's a ballast hopper sitting on the track.

BD, If you follow third ave and chestnut st you can park within about 200 ft of the work, and get out and look. Third ave is the one that follows the tracks from the switch on RR ave. Zig left/right on t ochestnut. Just don't annoy the workers by getting too close. Maybe stand on the sidewalk by Freeway warehouse or Kroma Chem.