• Dansville & Mt. Morris update

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by nydepot

And I've been told the "locomotive engines" is just that - the engine. Not the whole big thing.

Charles
  by CPSD40-2

I tried to find a website for "American Motive Power", but I don't come up with anything. Anyone else have a company website or anything, or is this an off-shoot from someone like MPI in Boise?

by nydepot

Most of them are startups. I think only one is moving from FL to NY. So I wouldn't expect the startups to have a website until they are up and running and have employees.

Charles
  by Matt Langworthy

It might make sense to ship parts by rail- if they move in bulk. I'm with Les on this one- let's hope the DMRR is running again soon! :-) :-) :-)

I believe the newspaper article says that the LMC will start up within 30 days or so, so with a little luck there will be new GWRR turn to handle the traffic on DMRR.
Last edited by Matt Langworthy on Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by nessman

nydepot wrote:And I've been told the "locomotive engines" is just that - the engine. Not the whole big thing.
Right - but what if the engine in question is in the locomotive? I can't see this generating carloads by the thousands, but a handful of moves is better than no moves.
  by Matt Langworthy

What about inbound shipments of parts, or motor oil? I'll gladly chase a short train with just a few cars. They really are the most interesting trains to watch.

by railwatcher

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D