• Current use of former autorack yard at Westboro, MA

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by johnpbarlow

Drove over CSX at Webo on I-495 today. The yard was ~ half full with mixed freight. Does this former autorack yard have a new classification function for CSX?
  by GP40MC1118

Auto unloading operations at Westboro have been moved to the new
facility in East Brookfield....Opened late October and its railroad operates
under the moniker of the "East Brookfield & Spencer". Uses leased ex-
CP SW1200RS's as power from RTEX.

Understand the UTU has filed with the STB challenging the EBS...

Dave
  by CSX Conductor

johnpbarlow wrote: Does this former autorack yard have a new classification function for CSX?
The Framingham local job B722, which used to work Westboro is now doing Sacks Storage (just east of Worcester, which used to be done by the day switcher @ Worcester. Also, rumor has it that Staley's, the company which receives tanks of corn syrup at Westboro Yard, has either increased it's current operation, or gotten a new contract, which has required multiple switches a day, from what I have heard.

by johnpbarlow

CSX, thanks for the info. Given the Webo's auto yard location next to I495, it's too bad CSX can't convert the yard to an intermodal facility. I think Worcester and Beacon Park intermodal yards are close to capacity.

by CSX Conductor

johnpbarlow wrote: Given the Webo's auto yard location next to I495, it's too bad CSX can't convert the yard to an intermodal facility. I think Worcester and Beacon Park intermodal yards are close to capacity.
It has been proposed already...only time will tell. First East Brookfield has to get running smoothly.