• CSX train wreck near Jacksonville Fla today----10-31-05????

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by NASHVILLE-NEWBIE

Anybody have any details on the train accident near Jacksonvillie today? I heard it was in dark territory. And one train was parked in a siding and another was suppose to be running on restricted in behind him! Heard that both crew members on train that hit rear of the other train went to hospital in ambulance--------any body know anything?

Nashvillie Newbie

by crazy_nip

I heard something about a rear ender on the fitzgerald sub, but that is in georgia and is tcs signaled trackage

the only csx track around jacksonville that is dark territory is what used to be called the kingsland subdivision from jacksonville to savannah (ex-SAL mainline) that is now operated by some shortline, not csx

everything in and around jacksonville is signalled trackage
  by NASHVILLE-NEWBIE

thanks for the info---crazy-nip-------------I guess our division stoogies might have the wrong information. Thank you,,,

Nashvillie Newbie

by CSX Conductor

Nashville, here's the report from the "Network Log" on the CSXT message system:

At 0430 hours on 10/31 -- Q680-30 was stopped at Mauk MP ANB754 waiting on a southbound train and N102-31 ran into rear of Q680-30 derailing the last four cars on Q680-30 and both engines and head four cars on N102-31. Conductor and engineer on N102-31 taken to hospital via ambulance with non life threating injuries.

by ACLfan

The train accident was on CSX's Fitzgerald Sub between Cordele and Manchester, GA. ( miles northwest of Waycross, GA).

Over a hundred miles from Florida.

ACLfan
  by NASHVILLE-NEWBIE

Csx Conductor-

What screen do you go to ----to get these kind of messages? I have the gateway at home---can you pull this up at home?

Thanks,

Nashvillie Newbie

by Robert Paniagua

Did this happen on the line also shared by Amtrak's Silver Star & Silver Meteor? If so, this might have been at the stretch between Jacksonville and Palatka, unless it was somewhere else....

by CSX Conductor

Nashville, no. It is one of the screens on the messaging board. I will PM you with the particulars instead of wasting the space here. :wink:

by crazy_nip

Robert Paniagua wrote:Did this happen on the line also shared by Amtrak's Silver Star & Silver Meteor? If so, this might have been at the stretch between Jacksonville and Palatka, unless it was somewhere else....
no, it was in georgia, northwest of waycross