• CSX - SD60M's assigned to New York?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by Tommy Meehan

According to this list the train 8757 was powering today, Q241, runs from Detroit to Louisville. Might be a while.
  by DogBert

I don't know which number it was, but an SD60m repainted in the new boxcar scheme was on Saturdays run from btw Fresh Pond & Oak Point. It was leading on the oak point bound run, around 1:30 or 2pm. It was paired with an sd-40-2. I'm pretty sure I saw either the same engine or another sd60m in the new boxcar paint sometime earlier last week too. (I usually see this train coming back from fresh pond every weekday morning, the novelty of taking photos of it wore off years ago).

So there's definitely one making it's way up & down the hudson. I'm not sure how often (if ever) the engines equipped & assigned to the hudson go elsewhere. If it has wandered off, It's likely to come back.
  by Uncle Cheapo

They do wander off, but eventually come back sooner or later.
  by Backshophoss

There're very special equiped units(cab signals,ASCES rigged,modified to 3rd rail)on a short leash,
they may wander a bit,but should sent right back to Selkirk for the runs across MN and the former B+A into Worcester.
Not sure what the % of the CSX fleet has cab signals to begin with,the % of the fleet allowed to run in MN territory
is most likely very small.