Railroad Forums 

• CSX Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1066502  by pswag115

I went through the REDI with someone who quit CSX "to save his marriage". It wasn't saved, and he was rehired, the only person I know of being rehired. Take it for what its worth.
 #1066966  by mattyfro1973

Man the waiting is tough! Applied November 2011. Interviewed for freight conductor March 19th, 2012. Conditional offer of employment Mar 23-ish. Took my original strength test and physical April 30-ish.I got my original ready to hire status May 24th. Then I got a call at the end of June stating I needed to do a reinstatement physical since my REDI start date would be outside of the 90 day window in which the physical is good. I did that physical right away, and now my status is ready to hire again as of Jul 5th.
Originally, I was told by a csx representative when I accepted the job that I should be heading to REDI the first week of september, possibly earlier, but first week of september more than likely! They said to keep that timeframe in mind, I guess to give me something to look forward to and not bother them with emails and phonecalls, of which I have not done yet, nor will, LOL.

I talked to some people working at my division and there are a ton of new hires doing OJT there, "yellow hats" as they referred to. Eager to get my yellow hat, that's for sure! Anyone here ever get ready to hire status, and wait this long? I promised my current employer I would give at least two weeks. I am hoping for an email or phone call by the second or third week of August for a REDI start date. I have read that you will get at least two weeks before your start date, so I check email daily. Anyone ever get ready to hire status and then not start at REDI and get put back into a pool of future candidates? That would really stink!
 #1067995  by 79bucfan

Can someone tell me if CSX will hire a felon. I have been offered a job with them but waiting on everything to come through. I was 18 years old and im now 35, it was a drug trafficking charge in 1997. I pray that they will still hire me based on it being so long ago. Can someone tell me
 #1068513  by mattyfro1973

79bucfan wrote:Can someone tell me if CSX will hire a felon. I have been offered a job with them but waiting on everything to come through. I was 18 years old and im now 35, it was a drug trafficking charge in 1997. I pray that they will still hire me based on it being so long ago. Can someone tell me
Wish I had an answer for you. Was there a question on the application asking you if you had any prior felonies? As long as you answered yes, and they still hired you, then you should have nothing to worry about. I would make sure you can find any paperwork associated with the charge, for example, if you did community service, or finished parole, etc... Make sure all your paperwork is legitimate and easy to find. I would also write a statement explaining the circumstances and how you turned your life around, etc... I am not employed by CSX so I am just speculating, but as long as they asked and you said yes, then you should have nothing to worry about. Good luck!!
 #1069382  by CSX Conductor

TNCSX wrote:If you quit csx will they ever rehire you
Most of us that quit CSXT have never looked back, nor have had big regrets.
 #1070473  by Gadfly

nuub wrote:
CSX Conductor wrote:
TNCSX wrote:If you quit csx will they ever rehire you
Most of us that quit CSXT have never looked back, nor have had big regrets.

Awww come on, own up....you miss us.
And besides, I LIKE the pension...... ;)

GF
 #1159786  by Pezoe

I have high blood pressure but my meds have it under control. I pass the medical exam my blood pressure was 127/87 but I check the box for high blood pressure. Will that have any affect on my exam?
 #1160282  by Freddy

Here's my take on all this. If I've got a condition that's controlled by meds and those meds don't throw a flag on a drug screen then I keep my mouth shut and don't check any boxes that might
raise somebodies eyebrows. I worked with a roadway guy who got laid off account of low seniority and was offered a transfer to signals where I was. He was going to tell the signal folks about
being color blind. I told him he was a fu*ckin idiot if he did, that he had a family to support and that as long as he could recognize colors, that was all that would be needed. He dummied up
and he's been a signalman for about 20 years now. There's a time for a person to open their mouth and there's a time to keep it shut if you want a job. Sometimes to much information is
exactly that.
 #1162386  by nyr93941

Can anyone tell me what a submission status of completed means. Its for a intermodal service representative.
 #1171343  by supernova1972

I am the youngest conductor to be called back from furlough in Indianapolis and am transferring to Evansville due to only being able to hold the Furlough Retention Board. There are still around 15-20 conductors on furlough at Indianapolis that aren't being called back yet, and probably won't be this year. If you hire in to get your foot in the door that's a good thing, but expect a lot of furloughs your first few years, and you will most likely get furloughed right after OJT.
 #1208092  by welder75

hey folks! i just recieved an email telling me that i have been selected for a hiring session for trackworker in chattanooga on aug 27th.
 #1218785  by cockerhamsg

welder75 wrote:hey folks! i just recieved an email telling me that i have been selected for a hiring session for trackworker in chattanooga on aug 27th.
How'd it go?