• CSX freight service between Poughkeepsie and Bronx?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by multimodal

Does CSX serve shippers, if any, located on Metro-North south of Poukipsie? If so, how and how often? Is there a daily local and/or does the railroad switch using the late night trains?

Apologies for spelling
  by BobLI

There is a propane dealer in Peekskill and last trip I did see a lumber yard spur but not sure what town that was in. There was an empty spline lumber car in the yard there.
  by DogBert

There's a few recent (last year or two) posts somewhere in this (long) thread that has evolved to focus on CSX's NYC operations.
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=20&start=1635" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the propane and lumber are the only active customers. I think there was C&D loading in P'keepsie at some point, not sure if that's still happening.
  by AMK0123

Propane and lumber company are only two I believe still receiving cars. Lumber company is in Chelsea which is between Beacon and Poughkeepsie. They receive either a center beam or box car. Scrap dealer that used to operate out of the former CNE yard, (just north of Poughkeepsie station) hasn't shipped by rail in over a few years... Believe that customer was originally located off the old Hospital spur... Not sure if CSX still owns the yard in Poughkeepsie or if it's now under Metro North.