Railroad Forums 

• COVID-19 Impact on Brightline

• This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
    Websites: Current Brightline
    Virgin USA
    Virgin UK
This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
Websites: Current Brightline
Virgin USA
Virgin UK

Moderator: CRail

#1578235  by Gilbert B Norman

Interesting to learn, Mr. Ken Maverick.

I'm planning to, subject to COVID, "go down" during January, so I'll find time to work in "Joyride 9" (eight to date).

I'll be in Miami for some of the trip, and Boca for the rest; what will be "sport" is when staying at Marriott Biscayne Bay, I actually spot a Brightline accessing the Port!!!!

Now I really must wonder if adding these additional stops such as Aventura, FLL, and Boca is the right thing. How much time they will add to the trip I know not. But I do know they have some "smart cookie" Marketing people; and they had Sir Richard "flown into space" before he got too much of a chance to corrupt their impeccably branded product.
 #1578331  by lordsigma12345

I will definitely give it a shot on one of my Florida trips once they open up the new segment. I live in MA and take the Auto Train down so I could easily park my truck at MCO and take the train down to Miami.
 #1583638  by Erie-Lackawanna

Actually, they’re resuming revenue service Nov. 1 with the week of 11/1 through 11/7 considered their “preview week.” Fares that week are $5 each way ($10 in Premium), and all revenue is being donated to charity.

You won’t see anything on the website about service between 11/1 and 11/7, but if you enter a travel date during that period you’ll get a pop-up about preview week, and you’ll be permitted to book a trip…as I did.

Jim
 #1583864  by kitchin

Free electric-automobile ride share from the station till the end of the year, five mile radius. Starting December first, also a free ride to the station. https://www.gobrightline.com/press-room/ Also, another, overlapping van shuttle service called "Circuit" that covers a smaller area and maybe is intended to be free for good? It's all dogs and ponies now while the checkbook is full. Partnering with this and that startup to provide the services, similarly buzz- and finance-driven enterprises. Well, here's hoping it all works out.

The Miami mayor is on-board, a showboater of cryptocurrency and "tech" district development deals. You've got to say though, the Brightline station in downtown Miami is miles better than the Amtrak yard station, in every respect. Central Miami is pretty well-served by new local and commuter rail transit, though not without its NY-like mishaps in planning (MIA Airport losing Amtrak, etc.). All the way to West Palm is a traffic monster, gnarling and dangerous on I-95, relieved by the parallel Turnpike inland. Commuter rail also runs on parallel routes, inland (Tri-rail) and coastal (Brightline and future Tri-rail).
 #1583889  by Gilbert B Norman

Mr. Kitchin, just as easy for me to hop on Metro Mover at Arsht (200yds from the Marriott Biscayne Bay at which I stay when "down below") than it is to ring up some Uber.

Oh guess what; I've now ridden in one with friends; so I guess I can no longer say "what's sn Uber?".

I'll surely take "Joyrides 9 and 10" when down come January.
 #1583906  by kitchin

Getting an Uber/Lyft is no picnic these days. People in D.C. are back to taking cabs, sometimes at half the cost, now that there's a decent app, Curb.

I'm eager to Brightline it myself next time there. First ticket is free. Aside from the amenities, how does the ride quality compare to the Acela?