• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by b&m 1566

That can't be too good, I'm hearing 216 is down right now too. That leaves only the 4266 as backup.
  by backroadrails

The 1751 is being loaned to NHCR since their unit is oos. Also something interesting about the new flat car Conway got a few weeks back, the plow on it is one of the plows for the LVRC Alco's.
  by Dick H

I do not know the source, but there is a photo running around the web with
the 501 now parked where the 4268 was parked for many years.
  by b&m 1566

backroadrails wrote:The 1751 is being loaned to NHCR since their unit is oos. Also something interesting about the new flat car Conway got a few weeks back, the plow on it is one of the plows for the LVRC Alco's.
So they really did pickup another box car and a flat car? Are there any pictures or video? I assume this other box car (like the B&M box car) will be for added storage and the flat car (like the bulkhead flat) will be part of the MOW roster. How many cars are left in Whitefield?
  by backroadrails

Yep, a 40’ B&M box with friction bearings and a 40’ flat which I am unsure of the owner.
  by b&m 1566

I'm 99% sure the state owns them, obviously the Conway Scenic now owns the ones they've taken.
  by bm1838

The B&M boxcar is BM 76523, it has roller bearing trucks for anyone who keeps track. The flat is B&M 40' # 33700. They both will be restored to service in coming years! Conway Scenic has got quiet the collection of freight cars now!

Cory
  by NHV 669

Went down the tracks in Whitefield earlier this week, indeed, just the two open hoppers remain, with both carrying LVRC/ST. J reporting marks. I've been told they are of New Haven heritage, ownership seems to be in the air. Unless CSRX can get them, they can't go much farther, both are in poor shape.
  by b&m 1566

New Hampshire Central 360, I know the engine belonged to the military but does anyone know what branch it belonged too and where it operated?
  by b&m 1566

I assume they left it on the mainline just west of Fabyan's to be picked up?
Does anyone know if the 470 Club Trip, will go beyond Fabyan's this year?
  by ericofmaine

I won't be there this year, but as I recall, the plan is for Fabyans and that's it.

Eric
  by b&m 1566

So, they even cut out the Redstone portion of it?