• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by drvmusic

I have a suspicion, but I might be wrong, so I don't want to say. Hoping we have a schedule soon so we can plan. It's getting close!
Last edited by MEC407 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
  by b&m 1566

Someone already mentioned the 4268 won't be ready this year, I think the failed generator is the reason for that and I don't know if a new one has been found and or purchased yet.
  by shadyjay

Looks like the mystery-page https://www.conwayscenic.com/railfans-weekend-schedule/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is no longer blank.

The caboose is all I see that's different this year. No extras on Sunday, except the Notch trip to Whitefield. #216 running solo all Sunday, except #252 on the Whitefield special.
  by NHV 669

Jonathan wrote:that eliminates Thomas as the surprise.
Why would they pay to bring it back, when they just held the annual event?
  by p42thedowneaster

I am assuming the Redstone /Saco River first run of the day with the RDC will venture onto newly restored tracks? The RDC chasing the freight is a cool idea too.

I am a bit surprised there is no mention of 1751 in the schedule...has that engine been run at all this year? Also thought adding 573+252 to Whitefield would be cool if they play well.
  by b&m 1566

How is the Red Ball Special, going to work with only one engine? Are they taking the MEC route this year and using the rail yard in Whitefield to run 252 around the train or is 252 just going to shove the train back to Fabyan Station? I guess they are not expecting the train to sell out this year (MBRRE isn't involved this year)

It would be cool if the MEC side was used but there's a lot of brush and trees that would need to be cut before that can happen and possibly some track work.
  by backroadrails

1751 is down for mechanical issues. It is interesting that they rescheduled a notch train. If I recalled they cancelled it for Saturday. Also note that the 252 is the only power for the trip to Whitefield.
  by CSRR573

maybe thats the surprise, 252 leads to whitefield, and motive power from another railroad leads back to north conway