• Conrail Police

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

by Andyt293

Who provides railway police services for CSA? Was the Conrail Police Department formally disbanded after the merger?

by nolifeCRchaser

Norfolk Southern and CSX police now do the police work for Conrail Shared Assets. The officers are mostly former Conrail Police officers. The Conrail police was officially disbanded up in early 2003 or late 2002. I don't remeber the exact date, but I do still have a bulletin somewhere informing us that Conrail Police is no more and all police work will be handled by either NS or CSX agents.

by n01jd1

The Conrail police force was disbanded in either September or October of 2002. It was right around the same time the River Line south through Weehawkin (aka the "War Zone") was abandoned.

nolifeCRchaser wrote:Norfolk Southern and CSX police now do the police work for Conrail Shared Assets. The officers are mostly former Conrail Police officers. The Conrail police was officially disbanded up in early 2003 or late 2002. I don't remeber the exact date, but I do still have a bulletin somewhere informing us that Conrail Police is no more and all police work will be handled by either NS or CSX agents.