• ConCor PCC

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Rick Abramson

I just got my new ConCor Brooklyn PCC car. What a gorgeous model. The roll sign is even illuminated! What a difference between this and the Bachmann PCC. . .like no comparison!
  by jaystreetcrr

I'm saving my pennies and have my nose pressed up against the hobbyshop window for this model. It looks epic. I just wish they came out with the Brooklyn green and silver scheme.
I picked up an S. Soho LA PCC that someone had painted in the Brooklyn tan scheme. Not great, but for $20 at a flea market....Yeah, the Bachmann PCC is just a mass market trainset model but for the price, not bad, especially for that postwar style. I've heard they've upgraded it some, though not to Spectrum standards. Supposedly there's a Spectrum Birney car on the way in a Brooklyn scheme.
I did major plastic surgery on an N scale Bachmann PCC to make a green and silver Brooklyn car. Not bad, but that bricklike frame and too big wheels spoil it.
  by Rick Abramson

I asked ConCor about the green/silver Brooklyn car; they are contemplating making them too! That's the way I remember them when I rode the cars in the mid-50s on Church Ave.
  by p42thedowneaster

I was actually considering one of the new Bowser "exec" PCCs. How would you say they compare with the ConCor?
  by steemtrayn

The walls look like they;re a foot thick and the windows look like glass blocks. Otherwise, nice model.