• Complete listing of all destinations of Green Line roll sign

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Ron Newman

I don't recall the E line ever terminating at Symphony. There's no crossover at Symphony. Perhaps it briefly terminated at Northeastern? I think there is a rollsign for that destination.

by RailBus63

rhodiecub2 wrote:When the "E" line only went to Symphony station back in the early 80s was there a roll sign for "Symphony?"
No - I don't recall exactly, but they mave have used the 'E NORTHEASTERN' sign.

Jim

by RailBus63

Ron Newman wrote:I don't recall the E line ever terminating at Symphony. There's no crossover at Symphony. Perhaps it briefly terminated at Northeastern? I think there is a rollsign for that destination.
The Symphony turnback was used in 1980 when Northeastern station was being reconstructed - the cars terminated at the outbound platform and used the trailing point crossover between Prudential and Symphony.

Jim

by rhodiecub2

RailBus63 wrote:
Ron Newman wrote:I don't recall the E line ever terminating at Symphony. There's no crossover at Symphony. Perhaps it briefly terminated at Northeastern? I think there is a rollsign for that destination.
The Symphony turnback was used in 1980 when Northeastern station was being reconstructed - the cars terminated at the outbound platform and used the trailing point crossover between Prudential and Symphony.

Jim
What did they use for roll signs? E Northeastern?

by RailBus63

rhodiecub2 wrote: What did they use for roll signs? E Northeastern?
I think so - it only ran for a short time, so I never took any shots of those cars in service.

Jim