• Chase, Maryland 1/4/87

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

by reading_man

kevikens wrote:This guy is operating heavy equipment today ????
If this retard is operating Heavy Equipment, I work Construction !!! Let me know where this clown is working so I can stay away from the job he's working!!
  by 3rd out nuthin comin

"Ah thanks fellas. How about them RS-3's?"

The answer is yes. I had two around Stanley Diesel in the summer of 1976--both ex SP&S still in SP&S paint with BN numbers. BN 4068 was one of them. I don't recall the other one. George Elwood's site offers us this photo of 4068 in 1976, but It's not taken on Conrail: http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/bn/bn4068abw.jpg

We also had a CN C-630 as a shop switcher for a while that summer, 2032. That's long story.

Todd Roberts

Re:

by scharnhorst

charlie6017 wrote:I agree with licenses and especially drug testing. I am a school bus driver and transport precious cargo every day, just as trainmen do (especially Amtrak crews). I am subject to random testing at any given time and had to obtain a "Class B CDL". From my perspective, I think it's a great idea.

When I was still working in Ukraine Everyone was were required to report to the company doctor to get a physical and a drug and alcohol test every single day before starting are shift there was no way out of it or else we were fired on the spot if we did not report to the company Doctor before are shift! This Rule was put in place shortley after an accident as well. There still doing this for all Rail operations, Subways, Air Lines, and Ship operators. The Rule came about some time in the early 50's or late 60's I beleve under Soviet transport Laws and stayed in the books long after 1991.