Forum for the discussion of the Budd Company and Budd-Thyssen through bankruptcy. Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budd_Company

Moderator: John_Perkowski

by fftombo

A Budd RDC should be traveling on the Lehigh Line hopefully either today (Aug 3) or tomorrow (Aug 4). It should be travelling on either NS 33K or H76 from Croxton - Allentown. If anyone has any other information please feel free to share.
  by NYS&W142Fan

fftombo wrote:A Budd RDC should be traveling on the Lehigh Line hopefully either today (Aug 3) or tomorrow (Aug 4). It should be travelling on either NS 33K or H76 from Croxton - Allentown. If anyone has any other information please feel free to share.
The Budd RDC you are referring to is the Susquehanna M-1. It is on it's way to the BelDel in Phillipsburg for the THS.
  by Steamtown Observer

Any photos of it being moved from Butler to Passaic Jct.? This will likely be the last time ever it is on home rails.
  by faxman

the budd was on today's 33K it left bound brook about a 6:15 thursday photo to follow
  by fftombo

by fftombo

All, since NS 33K dropped of the M-1 at Allentown tonight, there is a good chance that it will most likely be on the local going from Allentown to Phillipsburg and north. If anyone lives or will be in the area, I would say to watch out for it most likely tomorrow and if not then saturday. Not exactly sure what the calling sign for the local would be for this one. (One of the few train symbols I forgot.)
  by Mr. Ed

Is this the RDC that was in Winslow Jct?

Later!
Mr. Ed
  by waldwickrailfan

Mr. Ed wrote:Is this the RDC that was in Winslow Jct?

Later!
Mr. Ed
no, actually this one was in Butler.
  by R36 Combine Coach

It appears NYSW M1 is dedicated in honor of Morristown & Erie's late president Benjamin J. Friedland (who is also honored on their SW1500 20).
  by dano23

The NYSWTHS deadicated the M1 to Ben shortly after his unfortunate passing back in 1998.
  by Mr. Ed

Thanks guys. I haven't been down to Winslow in quite some time. It is always interesting to drive by and look at the old stuff. But I understand that the new owners don't want the old stuff since they sit on rails that could generate income as storage tracks.

Later!
Mr. Ed
  by fftombo

Sorry I have been slow with the updates, the M-1 was delivered to Hudson Yard in Phillipsburg and then picked up by the NYS&W T&HS last Tuesday.