• Branford Locomotive Works

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by deezlfan

Anybody know what happened to this company? They used to make HO scale resin D&H Consolidation Kits.
Last edited by deezlfan on Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

by astrosa

You sure you don't mean Branford Hobbies? They make resin models, although mostly of New Haven prototypes.

by deezlfan

No, Branford Locomotive was not the same as Branford Hobbies. If I remember correctly, BLW last advertized address was in Ohio, while BH is in Conn.

by Steve Wagner

Bradford Locomotive Works was run by David M. Grover, who produced mostly resin D&H locos in the 1990's: a 4-6-2 I never saw advertised but saw on display in a hobby shop in Scranton, a kit for an E5a Consolidation, with details for either the 1111 or the 1112 (one of which I bought), and ready-to-run E2 camelback Consolidations.

He moved at some point from Ohio to Pennsylvania and produced several HO Lackawanna steam engines for the layout at the Steamtown National Historical Site.

The July 2003 Bridge Line Historical Society Bulletin reported that a new run of ready-to-run E5a's was being readied. I believe they were to be sold by Grover's [former?] wife. I'll look up the phone number when I can lay my hands on that issue.

Reviews of the 2-8-0's ran in the BLHS Bulletin: of the E2's in the February 1994 issue and of the E5a's in the July 1992 issue.

by Steve Wagner

Here is the Swap Shop ad that ran in several issues of the Bridge Line Historical Society Bulletin in 2003:

Back in production: E5a's 1111 and 1112 available soon. BLW by Creative Castings is producing these models with the permission of David Grover of Bradford Locomotive Works. There is a small run near compeltion now. For more information, call 570-676-9946 or e-mail [email protected].

I may have given David Grover the wrong middle initial in the preceding post.
  by deezlfan

I took the info that you posted and 'Googled' it around awhile. An interesting match was found on this page:

http://www.eddystonelocomotives.com/orderform3.htm

I had found this page in earlier searches but had not checked out the proposal form. Has anyone dealt with this company?

http://www.eddystonelocomotives.com/

Searching the phone number you gave me also has a hit on the same name as the webmaster listed at the bottom of the main page, So I am assuming a connection.

Any details regarding Eddystone and/or Branford would still be appeiciated.
  by geep39

I don't know if this character has changed his ways, but he was commissioned to make Reading T-1's in resin for the Reading Company Technical & Historical Society a few years back. He delivered a few, but the rest never came. Turns out he and his ex? wife went bankrupt, and could not deliver. To keep good will, RCT&HS refunded peoples' money, to the tune of over $10,000. Gee, that's an AWFUL lot of money to not have around, and makes me wonder why this clown has not spent a little time in the pokey. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH THIS CHARACTER. Personally, I don't see how this guy should even be in business.