• Boston Paper Board

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by rb

Currently has 3-4 cars on their spur. I guess they're still going strong.
  by GP40MC1118

Not necessarily...LA-2 derailed on the switch to BP (via the T-Pad yard) at Innerbelt Road about two weeks ago. This could be residual backup from that incident. Usually they get one or two at a time. There is another car for them up in old Yard 8 (Ontario Northland boxcar) with two Everett scrap loads.

D
  by Tracer

So is the paper board company and boston sand and gravel the only current freight customers in charlestown?

thanks
  by GP40MC1118

No...MS Walker in Somerville is an active customer. Scrap goes to Everett.

d
  by Tracer

I havent seen a car on there spur in 4-5 months, anyone know if they are still going to use rail?
  by Tracer

Yippe kay ya, they have 2 boxcars on the siding right now.
  by newpylong

Yup, they are back. Got their first loads from CN last week. Been switched a couple times since. Can someone grab a photo... haven't been over there in years.
  by bostontrainguy

Checking the satellite maps and their address, I don't see where they have their siding. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

Wait, I barely see a track heading north to Roland Street between two buildings. I assume that must be their siding.
  by BostonUrbEx

bostontrainguy wrote:Checking the satellite maps and their address, I don't see where they have their siding. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

Wait, I barely see a track heading north to Roland Street between two buildings. I assume that must be their siding.
Yep, that's it.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Boston+P ... setts&z=21

Anyone know when the place on A Street near Bunker Hill CC was last served?
  by BostonUrbEx

I got a pic looking down the siding from Roland St, unfortunately I have no way to upload it for now. I could only see one boxcar (blue, with about a foot of white paint at the top) and couldn't see past it.
  by csrrfan86

Caught LA-2 with the GMTX #3003 switching them out tuesday night 6/5/12 around 2215hrs.

-Wayne J.
  by gokeefe

Just exactly how infrequently does Boston Paper Board take cars? I've heard as little as once a year.
  by newpylong

Less sometimes. Sporadic.
  by GP40MC1118

See thread on the New England forum for new updates

d
  by BostonUrbEx

Wayne Johnson photo of Boston Paperboard's first switch in quite some time (2/3/18): http://www.railpictures.net/photo/654474/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rumor has it, there will be dozens of deliveries this year alone. Quite a change from sporadic deliveries of the past.