• BO-1 to Exit Boston for good

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by mick

BO-1,
Last edited by mick on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by doublebell

None of the customers in Salem have had service in quite a while. There is a For Rent sign on the California Olive Oil place.

John, the guy in the white car with the wing on back

by riffian

Has this job received a new symbol (AY-?) or does it remain BO-1?

by GP40MC 1116

This is interesting.. Because since BO-1 is the only "Guilford/PanAm" local in the Boston area, we can't forget CSX as well. Remember across the river a bit, you have the Beacon Park CSX Yard, that is very active.

It's funny, since I was commuting to Boston 2 days a week since late September I used to see BO-1 sitting at it's parking spot across from BET at times they'd look to be ready to go at 6:30/7:00AM. I only caught them moving a select few times. I do hope that in any way their is some still lingering freight activity on the "North Side" it would be nice to still see

I have also seen at times BO-1 up in Lawrence as LA-1 and as well up in Lowell as LO-1, so it never seems to amaze me where the traffic will pop up these days :-D

by mick

Job symbol remains BO-1 for now.
  by GP40MC1118

On January 3rd, BO-1 came out of Ayer with 7 cars all the way to Somerville, then out to Salem. Returned to Somerville and put up
at the usual spot behind the MBTA's BET.

Today they came on duty and went to Everett with scrap loads.
Back to Somerville, then out to Ayer with 19 cars.

Power was MEC 378.

LOSA turned at Winchester last night.

D

by MikeB

I caught that Salem move by the old Charleston Chew factory.

by NellsChoo

We saw BO-1 coming into Ayer yesterday afternoon. Which is highly annoying, because I had statyed home sick (couldn't stop coughing!) and while trying to wash up in the bathroom, heard some nasty sounding horn down at Hill Crossing here in Belmont.

Sure enough, we missed the only freight action in my home town... again... :(

I'll NEVER catch that...

by GP40MC 1116

Does anyone know if BO-1 still is putting up i Ayer for the nights? I heard from someone that they tried putting up in Lawrence or Lowell but those didn't work too good, becides Lawrence should have LA-1 and Lowell should have LO-1, then again seeing the past, BO-1's power could be doing all of those duties and more you never know!