• BO-1 derail

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by doublebell

BO-1 derailed two loaded bones, the east most cars, at Eastman Gelatin at about 1100 hours this morning. They were going to swap 5 empty bones for 5 loads. The power is 310w.

The 5 empties were out. HLMX 4703 had just the east end on the ground.
This was rerailed using shoes. They then put the 4 loads into the plant.
When I left about 1400 hours they were starting on the east most car, a GCCX owned covered hopper, with lift equipment. It was going to take more than shoes to get that back on the rails as both ends were off the rails.

Someone called the fire department reporting a chemical spill, so the red trucks arrived. Of course there was no chemical spill with the material in the cars being crushed animal bones.

A couple of news helicopters were seen overhead. If it makes it to the evening news you might see the infamous white car with the wing on back just opposite the main gate of the plant. It might not make it as I doubt that the aerial shots would be very spectacular. Nothing was laying on its side.

John (the guy with the white car with the wing on back)

by greenus90

By power 310w do yo mean the #310? I saw it the other day switching in Nashua.

by doublebell

Yes, 310
John (the guy in the white car with the wing on back)