• Baldwin Westinghouse Electric Locos (Hoosac Tunnel)

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by jkrail

Greetings:
I am looking for a source for interior photos / drawings for the NH #071 or EF1 locos circa 1911.
I am most interested in the locos that were supplied to the B&M for the Hoosac Tunnel electric project of 1911 as these were close copies of the #071.
I have searched the internet, been in contact with the folks from the University of Conn. and looked at many NH books and I have not found much.
I am trying to build a 3" gauge model of a Hoosac Tunnel locomotive. I have many photos of the outsides but nothing of the inside workings of the cab or motor room.
What I really need is autotransformer and motor contactor etc. pictures.
Any infor would be most helpful.
Thanks in advance.....

Jerry Kelley
  by jaymac

The most recent B&M Bulletin coverage of the tunnel electrics, Vol. 26, Nos. 1 and 2, doesn't show any interior elevation or photo details, but does show a 1938 B&M Office of Electrical Engineer schematic with Westinghouse HB control if that helps a bit.
You didn't mention, but have you tried either the NHRHTA or B&MRRHS for archive material? Westinghouse might be a possibility, and there may be a Baldwin archive somewhere.
  by bmcdr

Try contacting Carl Byron at the B&MRR Historical Society, he IS the foremost authority on ANYTHING to do with the Hoosac Tunnel and its electrics.