• Atlas announces HO scale genset

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by ns3010

Well, after the postponed June date passed and I was beginning to wonder again, I shot them an email.

I was told to not expect anything before August, at the earliest. A year is a long time to wait... They better be good
  by ns3010

They were due to ship to dealers yesterday. Only ten months late, NBD...
  by jtunnel

My Dealer called me Friday, and I picked up my CSX unit on Saturday.

It looks fantastic. Have not run it yet.

My Dealer gave me a printout with an issue Atlas discovered. It appears that the Tech 6 (MRC) power packs will fry the light board. Not an issue with me, as it'll get a TCS DCC decoder shortly.
  by ApproachMedium

That strikes very odd.. Why just a Tech 6 power pack? Why not any other and would it be safe once converted to DCC?
  by ns3010

I'm hoping to get mine this weekend.

Well, at least we're getting ours now. The GP40-2W people have to wait until January (a full 13 months late).