• ARS' Annual Railroad Hobby Show, W. Springfield - Jan. 28-29

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by dcm74

The tables are all set up. The layouts are being assembled. Most dealers will be setting up today and getting ready for tomorrow's opening whistle. Athearn is scheduled to make a major announcement/introduction on Saturday morning.
  by Otto Vondrak

dcm74 wrote:The tables are all set up. The layouts are being assembled. Most dealers will be setting up today and getting ready for tomorrow's opening whistle. Athearn is scheduled to make a major announcement/introduction on Saturday morning.
Heading over soon to set up the Carstens Publications booth!
  by dcm74

For the record the ticketed attendance for Saturday was 12,830. This includes all of Otto's little friends in strollers but not the vendors.
  by RonM

And it seemed like 12,828 were in the way! I was disappointed this year. Richard Steinbrenner from the Alco Historical group is ill and unable to attend so I could not get my book signed and that book is no feather in a backpack. Then Withers Publishing had yet to arrive so I could not pick-up the Reading Diesels book I was interested in, then every table I was interested was crowded to the point I gave up. At one vendor who set up built up examples of structures, someone was photographing EVERY one. That's okay - they paid the fare just like me, but when the vendor puts his stock under the display so I cannot buy (which I doubt the photographer was going to do) it really irks me. Is is so hard to go to the vendors website where all of pictures are readily available and download them? Luckily after mentioning this, the vendor said to contact him after the show and he will honor the show pricing. I won't even start on the people "lost" in the men's room.

Thomas the Shopping Cart gave me a chuckle.

On the plus side, there were a lot of good parking spots and it warm. Usually this show takes place on the coldest day of the year.
  by Cadet57

I went today. Will DEFINITELY go Sunday next year too. Much less crowded. Only got eaten by one stroller and got stuck near one deodorant challenged person. Got some great deals on lots of things I was looking for. Much more pleased than I was last year. Also got to speak to several vendors which I couldn't even think of doing last year.
  by ApproachMedium

I went and was helping my friends at Thoroughbred RR Models run their booth. We were consistently swamped. I only was able to be there for Saturday but I will defiantly be going next year. I sold two AEM-7s that I had there one was new in the box for $100 and one that was played with for $60. Both phase III