Railroad Forums 

• Anyone got a JT42CWRM manual?

• For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.
For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1052315  by AX-330

Hi,

whether I am lucky or unlucky being employed by a company that operates the Class 66, aka JT42CWRM, is something I am still not sure about. Let's just say that I bothered the office guys for half a year to get my type rating and now I've been dealt. Operating that Eimer (bucket, as we call it quite diminutively) is something else compared to a quiet and shiny Euro diesel loco. Most of the time I absolutely love driving the Class, besides my ears hurting and notching various body parts while checking the oil level.

The thing is, concerning the finer points of that beast I'm stuck with a very badly translated manual from EMD. The guy or gal that tried to heave it from English to German was so meticulous that nearly everything has been lost in translation. Worst of all, the schematic drawings are pixelated to a point where you cannot really recognize anything. If anyone wants to be assured of that, you may have a view.

So, does someone around here have a proper manual of the aforementioned Eimer? I'd be very glad to receive or trade it.

Also, if anyone here is driving that locomotive, I'd love to hear about the ways you operate it. We do abuse it mostly this way - it will eventually climb up grades, but with barely exceeding 25mph in the progess (with laughable, for your measures, 1700 tonnes of load). I don't know if it was made for that kind of stuff. It doesn't feel that happy about it.

Greetings,
Andreas