• Any geeps left?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by emd_16645

Yes, the 35s are in much worse shape. The GP7/9s have been regularly in service for some time. Not since the 25 died has one been out of service for an extended period of time. The 35s drop in and out of service regularly.

by MEC407

uhaul wrote:If this is the wrong place to post please inform me.

What horn is used on PAR 77?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vVgDMCS1kg
This is the right place to ask questions about PAR locos, so feel free!

The horn is a Leslie S5T. But not all five bells are functioning, so it sounds different. One or two of the bells are probably plugged up with road grime.

by emd_16645

I saw the 71 and 15 idling at Sappi awaiting the daily trip into Waterville. Both units sounded good.

by octr202

On the dinosaur patrol, 51, 205, and 621 were all at Rigby midday on Saturday, along with two 33x Geep 40's.

by emd_16645

The 621 lead the 51 and 205 along with the 334 east yesterday.

by bozotexino

I remember reading an article (I think it was an Ed King story in Trains Magazine) a few years ago about how the N&W treated those GP35's. Suffice it to say, it's a miracle they're even still operable at all!!!

bozo