Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Noel Weaver

I hate to have to post this but apparently there is another employee problem on Metro-North, here is a link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/met ... -1.1594067" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will withhold any further comment for now, no more time.
Noel Weaver
  by DutchRailnut

old news, now had this been a Walmart Employee in Walmart parking lot , Walmart would not have been mentioned.
And there is more to story but we will see what actually happened in other media that railroad forums, I hope.
  by dowlingm

Dutch, I find that shockingly dismissive. This wasn't a parking lot, it was on board a train which is a confined space. People give up personal space to take mass transit and I for one have no tolerance for anyone, rider or patron, who wilfully causes discomfort or aggravation on it - and that's at a much lower bar that this idiot cleared.

Still, as reactions go it was nowhere near as distasteful as the NYDN comment section.
  by Travelsonic

DutchRailnut wrote:old news,
5 days ago, pretty serious offense, allegations, I'd hardly call it old news so dismissively.
DutchRailnut wrote: now had this been a Walmart Employee in Walmart parking lot , Walmart would not have been mentioned.
Bet you $100 that they would absolutely be mentioned in news articles on the matter had it happened there. Come on Dutch, in the society we have today, where airlines for example get the entire bum rap when feeder airlines operating under their banner screw up, do you really think they'd get off scott free - particularly over something like this?
DutchRailnut wrote:And there is more to story but we will see what actually happened in other media that railroad forums, I hope.
There may very well be more, though it'd be hard to refute what happened if there were witnesses with consistent stories.
  by Patrick Boylan

7:35 a.m. out of Grand Central Terminal
Does anybody have an idea how many potential witnesses there'd likely be on this reverse rush hour train?
  by DutchRailnut

again there is much more to story that what is in papers, nuff said.
  by NH2060

DutchRailnut wrote:again there is much more to story that what is in papers, nuff said.
You can say that again. Some papers actually described in detail what passenger says happened. Disgusting doesn't begin to do it justice.
Patrick Boylan wrote:
7:35 a.m. out of Grand Central Terminal
Does anybody have an idea how many potential witnesses there'd likely be on this reverse rush hour train?
Says here that there were at least a few others on board in the same car:
http://articles.courant.com/2014-01-28/ ... ard-permut" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by Noel Weaver

Sorry "Dutch" but I think there might have been an effort to cover this one up BUT it did not work out that way, too bad. IF after a fair trial in court and a fair investigation this individual is found not to be guilty so be it but it certainally does not look good, not for the individual and definately not for Metro-North especially in Connecticut where they are already under lots of fire. I don't agree with the political pressure that is being excerted by some in Connecticut but something like this plays right in to their hand. I wonder if the lawyers have gotten a hold of this one yet?
Noel Weaver
  by Terminal Proceed

this has nothing to do with moving trains or railfanning. This is inappropriate for this forum. Follow this if you will in the news but not on here. This topic is locked. Anyone that tries to start a new thread by going around me on this will have their posting privileges suspended. This discussion is counter productive.

Kevin