• AMTRAK Saves the Day on CT Rail 6/16/18

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Larry

by Larry » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:35 am
I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to AMTRAK because I was one of the ones with my brother on the Extra that they ran from Springfield. We were late getting into Springfield at the 12:17 scheduled time on train 460 as it was standing room all the way from New Haven and the stops took us extra time. So to get our return train back we needed to be in before 12:40 for the return train 463. Well we all tried to get off after we arrived at about 12:35ish but it was slow go and therefore 463 had to leave without us and besides, they had standing room only. So we were then going to have to wait until 5:29 to come back for free or board the Vermonter 57 and pay a fee and it also wasn't stopping at all stops like mine at Windsor.

Here is the great part on AMTRAK. They took the shuttle we came in on, called up an engineer and the crew took us back as an extra around 2:00. This was a great gesture on AMTRAK, they didn't have to do this, no money was to be made but they did it anyways and diverted a really bad thing into a wonderful thing. I just want AMTRAK personnel up in Springfield and on this extra train know we appreciate what they did.

This service will be a wonderful thing for these two states and it will grow with this type of service that they provided. It is obvious, AMTRAK wants CT Rail to succeed as this was CT RAIL day and not AMTRAKS.
  by lordsigma12345

I have to also agree that Amtrak did make a positive contribution to the day. In addition to the extra train they pulled a Shore Line East trainset to Provide extra seating for trains 464 and 467. According to Hartford line site some extra trains today are going to be run as well.
  by Stephen B. Carey

I boarded that same Amtrak Shuttle in Hartford going to New Haven. Thanks to Amtrak for the quick thinking! It made my day!