• AMTRAK PIONEER ROUTE - Cheyenne

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Jeff Smith

Now they're looking to tag along with Colorado's Front Range Proposal: CowboyStateDaily.com
Push For Wyoming-Colorado Passenger Rail Service Gaining Momentum

Cheyenne resident Steve Borin has a dream many in Wyoming’s capital city have had for generations —passenger rail service to Colorado’s Front Range.

“Can we make it real?” he asked rhetorically with hope in his voice. “It’s not really rocket science, it’s train science.”

Borin’s dream is still far from a reality, but also not as far-fetched as it may have seemed just a year ago because of some legitimate progress made by those who share the same vision.

The project could find a viable home with the Front Range Passenger Rail (FRPR) project in Colorado, an ongoing proposal for passenger service from Fort Collins through Denver and south to Pueblo.

A Fort Collins-Cheyenne line could be built as an extension of this project, said Jeff Noffsinger, director for Cheyenne Metropolitan Planning Organization.
  by west point

John_Perkowski wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:09 pm No, it’s economics. Who will pay for it?
Well the US fuel tax could be increase a couple cents to have it be coordinated by federal highway admin. with interstate projects.
  by Tadman

Denver is the nearest big city so there are probably visit for health reasons or commerce reasons. But Cheyenne is not a big city - 65,000 residents is not much. Given the way Americans think, most would rather have an extra frequency Fort Collins-Denver and drive Cheyenne to Fort Collins.
  by markhb

Tadman wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:46 am Denver is the nearest big city so there are probably visit for health reasons or commerce reasons. But Cheyenne is not a big city - 65,000 residents is not much. Given the way Americans think, most would rather have an extra frequency Fort Collins-Denver and drive Cheyenne to Fort Collins.
Does anyone know, how do folks in southern Wyoming perceive the drive into Denver? Is it seen as a huge PITA hassle, or just an excursion? I ask because the near-universal dread of driving in Boston is a driver for a lot of non-commuter Downeaster traffic.
  by Tadman

I have friends in Denver, and while there is a rush hour and also the tourist traffic to the ski areas to the west is a huge hassle, I don't think they perceive north-south traffic anywhere near as bad as the NEC areas. I travel a lot for work and in my book, you only have a few cities with really nightmarish traffic - ANything NEC, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, and LA.